Shiro dhara is an Ayurvedic treatment that includes pouring of warm herbal oil on the forehead or third eye i.e. it is an area where nerves are highly concentrated in the continuous stream. Pressure of oil onto the forehead creates the vibration. The oil saturates the forehead and scalp and penetrates into the nervous system. It is an external treatment in Ayurveda. It is an amazing technique of provoking internal energy of the human body.
BENEFITS OF SHIRO DHARA
- It activates the third eye i.e. also known as chakra point just above and between the eye brows and is said to be the seat of human consciousness.
- Serotonin, dopamine and melatonin are removed by Shiro dhara treatment which gives relief from tension and helps promoting sound sleep.
- It helps removing the symptoms of anxiety, stress, fatigue and hypertension.
- It relives tension, worry, fear and headaches as well as depression.
- It is ultimate mental and emotional relaxation.